Registration is now open for the Glenview Stars Spring Hockey Program. The Stars have been hard at work designing a challenging spring program with a dynamic mix of skills sessions, team practices, games and tournaments. Register today!
Midget tryout dates and times have changed due to high school playoffs and may be adjusted further if necessary. Please contact Glenview Stars Hockey Director Sylvain Turcotte at email@example.com with any questions.
- AA teams: Weekly skills sessions, practices, 3 on 3 and two tournaments
- A1, A2 and B teams: Four skills sessions, eight practices, eight games and one tournament
- The Bantam AA and A1 teams will also participate in the Krolak Cup (extra fee)
- The Stars 2018 Spring Program will include four elements: Skills, Practice, League and Tournament. Fee: $695 for skaters & FREE for goaltenders
The Skills Sessions
- The sessions will be run by Justin Nelson (Nelly's Powerskating) and/or Rob Messner. During these sessions Coach Nelly and/or Coach Rob and their staff will identify skills gaps, then work to develop and hone those skills so that players can master and execute them in a game situation.
The Practice Sessions
- The sessions will be run by the team coaches. They will be high tempo and will focus on “Training-to-game transfers,” the ability to develop technical and tactical individual skills progressions and apply them directly into game situations.
3 on 3
- The AA teams will focus on “read & react”, touches, repetition, anticipation and battles while playing small area 3 on 3 games.
The League Play
- It is important for developing youth hockey players to receive a progress assessment. League play in the North Shore Youth Hockey League (NSYHL) provides that opportunity. Teams will be placed in one of four different levels to best match and challenge each player.
- The tournament gives us the opportunity to assess the players’ development in a condensed and more competitive format.
- All AA teams: 5/4-5/6 - Chicago Shootout (formerly NAPS-Midwest)
- All AA, A1, A2 and B: 5/15-5/20 - Glacier Invitational
- Bantam AA and A1 teams: 4/11-4/15 - Krolak Cup
The Tryouts (All tryouts will be held at Mount Prospect)
- AA Tryouts:
- Squirt AA team: Monday 3/12 at 5:10 pm & Tuesday 3/13 at 4:25 pm
- Peewee AA team: Monday 3/12 at 6:20 pm & Tuesday 3/13 at 5:35 pm
- Bantam AA team: Monday 3/5 at 6:35 pm & Tuesday 3/6 at 5:05 pm
- All players not trying out or not selected for a AA team must report to the following age-appropriate combined tryout:
- Squirts: Wednesday 3/14 at 5:25 pm & Thursday 3/15 at 5:25 pm
- PeeWees: Wednesday 3/14 at 6:35 pm & Thursday 3/15 at 6:35 pm
- Bantams Wednesday 3/7 at 5:20 pm & Thursday 3/8 at 6:35 pm
- Midgets Wednesday 3/21 7:35 pm & Thursday 3/22 7:40 pm at Glenview *** NEW DATES AND TIMES and are subject to change due to high school playoffs
Checking Clinics for New Bantams
- There are free MANDATORY checking clinics for all players born in 2005 trying out for the spring program. Players must to attend at least two of the following:
- Saturday 3/3 at 7:30-8:30 am at MP *** NEW DATE AND TIME
- Sunday 3/4 at 9:20-10:30 am at MP *** NEW DATE AND TIME
The Girls Program
- U8 Weekly Skates
- Offered through the Glenview Jr Stars. Girls under eight will skate together once a week to grow their skills while having fun with other like-minded players.
- U10 (NSYHL)
- Eight weeks minimum: two touches per week, high tempo skills/practice sessions
- Teams will play eight league games against youth teams
- U12, U14 & U16 Skills and Tournament Teams
- Eight weeks minimum: two touches per week, high tempo skills/practice sessions and 3 on 3
- Two tournaments
- Tryouts (All at Mount Prospect):
- U10 Tryout Saturday 3/17 at 7:25 am & Sunday 3/18 at 8:40 am
- U12 Tryout Saturday 3/17 at 8:35 am & Sunday 3/18 at 7:30 am
- U14 Tryout Saturday 3/17 at 8:50 am & Sunday 3/18 at 9:50 am
- U16 Tryout Saturday 3/17 at 10:00 am & Sunday 3/18 at 11:00 am
The Goalie Program
- Goaltenders playing spring with the Glenview Stars will have a weekly goalie clinic in addition to all other team activities. The clinic will be instructed by Dean Opper Goaltending.